INDUSTRY AND INSTITUTE INTERFACE CELL is a central facility established at Gandhi Institute for Education and Technology(GIET).
INDUSTRY AND INSTITUTE INTERFACE CELL is required for enhancing the relationship between the Institution and Industry. The purpose of the cell is to find out the gap between need of the industry and end product of the institute. The cell is the bridge between the industry, the real world and the institute. Industrial exposure of Faculty is very much helpful to guide students about latest industrial practices. Industries are able to know recent developments and inventions in their fields and implement projects for technologically driven economy.
Objectives of III
- To give industrial exposure to Faculty members and students, thus enabling them to tune their knowledge to cope with the industrial culture.
- To assist the Departments in organizing workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the industries.
- Encouraging Engineers from industries to visit institution to deliver lectures.
- Participation of experts from industries, in curriculum development.
- To organize industrial visits for Faculty members and students.
- To encourage Faculty members to use their expertise in solving the problems faced by the industries, thus creating opportunity for consultancy.
- Industrial testing by Faculty and technician at site, or in laboratory.
- To organize in-plant training for the students.
- To identify the areas for executive development programmes in the areas of recent technological advances.
- To assist the Departments in establishing rapport with industries for taking up mini projects and projects.
- To coordinate/ identify industrial partners for proposing ‘Centre for Excellence.
- To strengthen Alumni relations.
- To assist the Training and Placement Division.
- Visit of industry executives and practicing engineers to the institute for seeing research work and laboratories.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer.
- Visiting faculty from industries.
- R&D Laboratories sponsored by industries at the institute
Functions of Industry Institution Interaction Cell
- Industrial Research & Consultancy
- Industrial testing (Proofing & Calibration)
- Sponsored industrial research
- Use of industrial labs by University
- Use of specialized database / lab equipment of University
- Research guidance from industry
- Creation of collaborative labs / testing centre at University
- Joint research publication
- Solutions for field problems
- Analysis & Design problems
- Research fellowship support
- Joint patents
- Creation of industrial chair to support research
- Continuing Education for Industry
- Short-Term Training Programmes
- Onsite Educational Programmes
- Part time Educational Programmes
- Collaborative Educational Programmes
- Industry-Institute Exchange
- Visiting faculty from industry
- Training programmes / Short term assignments to the faculty members in industries
- Joint industrial projects for faculty
- Participation of industrial experts in curriculum design